Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Alone at last

My kids all started their sports camps this week.  The word camp is a bit of a misnomer, as they are only out of the house from 9 to 4, and sometimes they even come home for lunch.

BUT...it has allowed me to get a lot done around the house.

For some reason I find it extremely hard to work around the house when the kids are home.  Maybe it is as simple as disliking working my butt off while my ungrateful progeny sit on the couch watching TV and eating ice cream?

I'm not sure, but it has been a ongoing problem for me, when the kids are home during summer break I get almost nothing done.

I mean that quite literally.  I washed everyone's sheets yesterday, this was the first time since June they had been washed.

Whatever my problem is, it has been relieved by the kids leaving the house every morning at 9.

I finished cleaning out our foster care bedroom, I even hung a few pictures on the walls and moved the changing table from the living room to the bedroom.

The foster bedroom is completely finished, and looks great.  The cheerful bright green walls are perfect for a boy or a girl.  We have pink and yellow floral bedding and wall decals for a girl, and brown and orange sports bedding and wall decals for a boy. 

Now all we need is a baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment