Friday, August 19, 2011

Bringing in the big guns

During my attempts to get something, anything, useful done after E---'s leaving, I decided to clean the carpet in our foster care bedroom.

We had meant to clean the carpet in this room before we ever had a little guest, but our first respite came up quickly and stayed for a long while, in terms of respite.

This bedroom used to be Jordan's.   The carpet is deplorable!  Covered in make up, food and many other mystery sticky spots.  Let me tell you it is almost impossible to remove mascara from a carpet, and in Jordan's room that is multiplied by 60 spots where she apparently dropped her mascara brush.

As I was down on my knees scrubbing the mascara stains with mechanic hand cleaning wipes, I felt like calling Jordan and asking why she, a) wears soooo much eye make up, and b) was so completely uncoordinated with her mascara brush!!!

I then ran my sisters steam clean carpet cleaner over the first area on the rug and absolutely NOTHING changed?  I guess the stains were about 3% lighter than when I started, but this was not good enough.

So, I called in the big guns, bit the bullet and decided to pay for a professional cleaning of the carpet.

Before:





 After:

No comments:

Post a Comment