Sunday, August 28, 2011

Making money from things you find on your floor

My daughters leave many things on the floor: socks, shoes, backpacks, homework, food, dishes, hair clips and bands, and worst of all they leave straight up TRASH on the floor.

This problem has dogged me for years.  I have tried a few methods to alleviate this problem.

1. Lecturing
2. Yelling
3. Crying
4. Keeping their things in a bag for a week.
5. Sending their so called things to the local Thrift Shop.

All of the above have worked for about 3 days, but not one of them has stuck.

This week I warned them all to "please pick up your stuff from the floor".  Then I bagged up what was left and hid it in my closet.

I just made my first $5 from the things I found on the floor!  I am charging a dollar for each item they want back, and what they are unwilling to pay for goes to the Thrift Shop.

I was paid in quarters and dimes, but money is money. 

This is what I call a great opportunity for "making money at home."

Maybe I will sell franchises!? (insert maniacal laugh)

No comments:

Post a Comment