Monday, August 15, 2011

Sorry seems to be the hardest word

I got the call around 11:45 that the judge had decided to send E--- to his Grandma's house.

E---'s DHS worker was going to have lunch and then pick E--- up at around 2 PM to take him to his Grandmother's house.

We knew that this was probably going to be the outcome of the E---'s court date, but it didn't stop me from fantasizing that he might, through some miracle stay with us.

I had him all packed and ready to go with two weeks worth of baby food, his favorite snacks and formula.  Along with all of his favorite toys and books, clothes, bibs, diapers, wipes, bottles, baby spoons and forks, diaper bag, a scrap book of his time with us, you name it, I packed it.

And then we waited.

3 PM:

3:30 PM: E--- can hardly keep his eyes open so I put him down for a nap.

4 PM:  not even a call from E---'s DHS worker, and I am beginning to worry about E---'s Grandma wondering where her grandson is?

4:30 PM:  DHS worker arrives, breezes in gather's E--- and his boxes and bags and leaves without so much as a "thank you" or "sorry I kept you waiting so long"

Meh.

1 comment: