Monday, August 1, 2011

Visits

I have been taking E---- to his visits with his parents for a month.  They are an exhausting 2 hours of city driving and 2 hours of reading on an uncomfortable couch.

Being that I am technically only a respite foster Mom, I have never actually been introduced to E---'s parents.  Usually they look at me blankly and ask where J----(his foster mom) is?  I am determined to introduce myself this time, but I am naturally shy and his parents are very young, this makes for a quiet combination.

They show up late and leave early, making me nervous about leaving the building, what if they decide they want to leave before I am back, what happens to E---- then?

BUT, I am going crazy just sitting around for two hours, next time I am taking Finola and Vivi with me and we are going to strike out into the city and find something interesting to do.

After the initial adjustment to the news that DHS was going to support E going to his grandmother for kinship care at his next court date, I have been able to relax a bit and enjoy spending time with him without the doubt about his future hanging over my head.

I am taking it one day at a time, giving him has much love, play time and fun as I can.

When I tiptoed in to check on him tonight, he looked so peaceful and comfortable.  Feels  a bit like a miracle that he can be so trusting and sleep with such abandon in our home when we have only known him for two months.

No comments:

Post a Comment