Thursday, October 6, 2011

The Honeymoon is over, or is it?

If Primo has his way it will never end...

Will he sleep in his bassinet, oh no! 
Will he sleep in his swing, almost never! 
Will he sleep in his bouncy seat, not yet! 
In his car seat?  I'm sure you can see where I am going with this.

If I had more than two brain cells to string together today I may be able to turn this into a poem, but alas...

The long and short of it is that Primo's two favorite spots for sleeping are on me:

1. With his head right under my chin.

2. Tucked into my right arm with his little face turned toward mine while his lovely baby perfume wafts up to me.  A beautiful blend of Dreft and sweet baby sour milk breath.

So, it is me, not my sweet little foster baby who is trying to put an end to the honeymoon period of our relationship.

I'm the one growing a bit weary of the energy it takes to keep up my "good" behavior.

I love holding him and rocking him to sleep, it feels like he is part of me, that is how seldom we are separated.  I know this is best for him, he is still so young and tiny.

But, it is difficult to subjugate myself to someone so small, with his relentless need for feeding, changing and carrying.


No comments:

Post a Comment