Monday, December 12, 2011

Sleep: good news/bad news

The good news is that Primo has suddenly started taking real naps on a regular basis.  Gone are the days of 20-30 minute naps twice a day!  He now takes a 2 hour nap once a day and an hour nap later in the day.


The bad news is that Primo is still up three times a night.  After the initial few weeks of exhaustion I felt I had adjusted quite well to the lack of sleep.


Now I think the cumulative effects of waking up for 20-30 minutes every three hours is catching up with me.  I have had migraines for the first time in 5 years and a return of the vertigo I had 2 years ago, not fun.


The sudden change in napping habits has me hopeful that when his ready he will sleep through the night, I am hoping this happens sometime soon.

1 comment:

  1. When my son didn't sleep I used to console myself with the idea that "in 18 years he'll be sleeping, either that or I won't know about it when he's off to college!". You don't really get that with foster care do you? I suppose it's less than 18 years (when they go home) but then you get another one who, hopefully sleeps better, but it's not guaranteed. Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete