Thursday, January 5, 2012

Bonding

Primo is growing by leaps and bounds.  He is a happy baby who is napping on a regular schedule and has even made it through the night without a bottle a few times.


He responds to all of us with such affection.  He's clearly happy to see the girls when they come home from school.  And he always has a ready smile for Mike at the end of the day.

I was ready for the fact that I would bond with Primo, and grow to love him like one of my own.  What I did not spend much time thinking about was the fact that he would bond to me.  Sounds silly I know. When he sees me he has that special look in his eyes that infants save only for their parents.  He lights up when he sees me each morning.  He smiles from ear to ear when I come home from being away from him.  He gets excited when we have been apart and immediately starts verbalizing and cooing in a way that sounds like he has many things to tell me about his adventures while we were apart.


The biggest joy of foster care for me is having a baby in my home and enjoying him as much as I can.  The days without visits, appointments or meetings are incredibly fulfilling and fun.  Even days with appointments can end with a sense of accomplishment, but these days are often exhausting.


I am obviously feeling very positive today, it is hard not to with such a sweet babe in the house.



No comments:

Post a Comment