Wednesday, March 7, 2012

It got better

My whole week of respite was not as bad as the first few days.

I hit up the Rescue Remedy big time.

I got myself some electrolyte water and started eating as healthy as I had time for.

It did seem that just as we got into a good routine it was time for little respite guy to go home.  Getting into a routine was very difficult because the only info our little guy showed up with was that he loved cheese, nothing else, no bed or nap time info or any other helpful information.  I guess that's why they call it emergency respite care.

I'm glad I could help out, but I'm not sure I will be doing respite again any time soon.

4 comments:

  1. I think that is why respite would be so hard to do. On one hand you don't HAVE to get into a routine - if you just had them for a few days (and had no other kids) then you just "spoil" them like you would your nephews or grandchildren. But when you have kids, a job, etc., it's hard to go through all the effort just to have them leave when you get settled!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just have to tell you how much I love your blog. My husband and I just became licensed last week and are waiting for a visit from our placement coordinator before we officially go on the list. I still have no idea what to tell people when they ask us why we want to do this, we have 7 kids of our own 4-18 but always knew we would foster. Thanks again for sharing your experiences, I can't wait to read more!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw, thanks. I've been feeling a bit down about my blog lately. It is so hard not to over share, but so boring not to. Glad to hear you are starting foster care. I recently spoke with a group of students about foster care and when one of them asked why I decided to do foster care, I really had no idea how to answer. My reasons are so complex and hard to give voice to. Over all I love foster care, I hope you do to.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi,
    Just discovered your blog and am really enjoying it. Although your blog hop is full, i would like to exchange blog links if you'd like with my own. Its so interesting to read other people's approaches and experiences. Thanks for sharing.
    John
    fosterparentrescue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete