Saturday, April 28, 2012

A Good Read

A couple of days after I wrote this I was trying to come up with something to relieve my stress and exhaustion, I tried a hot bath, a jumbo bowl of ice cream, a nap, but something was missing.

It finally dawned on me that I have not done much reading (with the exception of all my favorite blogs) during the last 7 months.  I used to read a lot, I love reading.  Reading used to be my favorite pastime.

So I picked up a book that had been lying around the house for a while.  For the first time in what seemed like an eternity, I was laughing until tears ran down my face.

Tina Fey's Bossypants was just what I needed.  A funny easy read.  Her childhood stories were so familiar to me and absolutely hysterical.

I had forgotten how healing a good laugh could be.  Truly funny books are hard to find.  I love reading all genres, but I haven't read enough funny books.

What are your favorite funny reads?

1 comment:

  1. I don't get to enjoy a good book much lately but reading is definitely my escape!

    ReplyDelete