Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Another shot at doing nothing?

There is a court date coming up in June.

The fact that Primo's siblings have been in care for over 3.5 years now and that Primo has been in our home for 8 months with little change to his parents case, I have little hope that anything will really be accomplished in court next month.

At the very very end of last month DH$ finally sent some one out, on a Sunday morning, to see Primo.  This was only the second monthly visit by DH$.  Primo's actual DH$ worker has never come to our home.  The lovely young lady who did come out to visit us was very surprised that Primo had no permanency plan in his paperwork.  Oh how I wish we had a more proactive DH$ worker for Primo and his brothers.  Their worker does not visit or contact us.  He shows up late to court and seems very unorganized.

I am beginning to think about contacting Primo's DH$ worker's supervisor.  I'm not sure if this would help or not?

3 comments:

  1. I work at a youth shelter and I would definitely be to the point where I would be calling the supervisor and CC'ing the supervisor on emails.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think it could hurt. This time around our state worker is just like this. It stinks. Thankfully we are also with an agency and they are staying on top of things and at least communicating with me. The state worker still has the power, but feeling like someone cares about the kids and is there for me is soooo nice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've had to do it from time-to-time. Obviously you run the risk of having a supervisor who is just as bad as the caseworker, who accepts the caseworkers behavior, and some who are punishing, but in my experience it has helped to get to know the supervisor when the caseworker appears to be inept.

    ReplyDelete