Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Change

Primo has been assigned a new social worker within our agency.

I loved his first social worker.  I like the new social worker.  The thing they have in common is that they are both very young and just out of college.

The change is difficult.  I had built a relationship over the past 8 months with the first social worker.  I really miss her.  I have to remind myself that even though we had a great rapport it took time to work up to that.

It feels a bit like the case is starting over with the new worker.  Through all the miscommunications we've had this first week I try to focus on our common goal of caring for Primo, and to remember that this new relationship will take time and effort on both our parts.

This also means that there is a new supervisor for Primo's case at our agency, who really doesn't seem to be up to speed yet.  She also did not appreciate me asking her questions about the case and really did not want to discuss anything with me. I'm trying to be patient.

I did call the supervisor of Primo's DH$ social worker, but my call was never returned.  I'm torn because I don't want to be a whiny complainer, but I'm frustrated by Primo's case.

After being rebuffed by my agency's supervisor was the first time I felt that my agency and DH$ really don't care about what I have to say.

The reality is that I and my agency's workers have very little control over what happens with Primo's case.  The further removed parties of DH$ and the judge are the ones who make it all happen and so far they have not made much of anything happen.


2 comments:

  1. I'm pretty new to your story, so I'm not sure if you have tried this. Have you spoke to primo's attorney. Sometimes informing them is what gets te ball rolling, sometimes it does nothing, but it is worth the try.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good idea. I spoke with Primo's attorney today. He seems to think nothing will change anytime soon. I'm not sure whether I like that or not?

      Delete