Saturday, June 9, 2012

E

E is leaving today.  For his sake I'm glad his stay was short, he is missing Grandma.

I love respite care for the specific reason that it kept E safe and loved when he couldn't be with his family.  It's not perfect, for him we probably still felt like strangers, but we love him and I have to believe that makes a difference.

Connection and community are a couple of the things that many families with children taken in to foster care are missing in their lives.  If you or I get sick, or fall on hard times we would have family, friends and possibly Church to help make up the difference in our children's lives.  I have taken this for granted.  These connections and support systems are desperately needed. In fact they are what make it possible to survive raising children in a less than ideal world.

No comments:

Post a Comment