Thursday, October 11, 2012

I won't lie to you all, the begging for help is slowly creeping under my skin and making me itch.

I don't think I'm allowed to give anyone in the foster care system money, right?

I enjoy being helpful as much as the next woman, but I balk at demands for food and money.

The problem is this, if I hypothetically did bring a bag of groceries to a visit, it is now expected to happen at every visit. That expectation is the thing that is bugging me right now.

I need to maintain a good relationship with these parents, but I'm not sure I will be able to in this new climate.


1 comment:

  1. In my opinion, maintaining a "good relationship" with people that have poor social boundaries isn't exactly necessary. I'd be backing away as much as possible. Is CPS aware of these demands? It sounds perfectly awful and horrifically uncomfortable to me. I'm sorry you're having to deal with this!

    ReplyDelete