Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Only a few more days...

until we go to court.

I have to tell you that I'm extremely nervous, and hopefully realistic about this court date.

I think there is a lot riding on this court date, but of course I can't get much info about what DH$ and my agency are planning for court.

I have finally come to the realization that my agency and therefore Primo's social worker don't have much impact at all on what happens with Primo and his brothers. Any real change in their case has to come from DH$. At our last court date Primo's agency social worker answered one question with a total of 4 words. Because getting a hold of Primo's DH$ worker is impossible, and I mean this literally, he doesn't answer his phone, return calls or return emails and has only come to our home twice in over a year, I have very little to go on before I show up at court.

I'm truly hoping that some wisdom, truth and common sense show up in court this week.

2 comments:

  1. Good luck! I don't even go to court ... it's not at all that I don't care, it's just that it doesn't seem to make any difference, so I'd rather spend that time at home playing with the kids.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hoping with you! It is so frustrating that it seems the agency workers have the time to devote to each child, but do not have the authority to do anything meaningful in court. And obviously, the opposite is true. It's that way for me also.

    ReplyDelete