Tuesday, March 12, 2013

A New Financial Year Update

So far I'm loving having Primo's stipend in a separate checking account with it's own debit card. It feels great to pull out that card and pay for Primo's clothes, especially right now while I'm in the middle of shopping for winter clearance clothes for next year.

A couple of months in and I have been able to cover all of Primo's expenses with some money left over. I guess this money could be go towards extra utilities, take out food etc.

I use Primo's debit card to gas up the cars with the portion of the stipend check that is for transportation.

So far so good.

1 comment:

  1. I heard about others also keeping a separate account for foster care expenses, purchases, and tracking the reimbursement. This would definitely help knowing exactly where the money is going.

    What have you found most difficult in this process? If you were to start over, would you still do this? Thanks for any extra insight!

    ReplyDelete