Monday, March 4, 2013

One of the most difficult things in foster care for me has been finding qualified baby-sitters.

I am happy to announce that I have been able to find and qualify my first ever official baby-sitter!

This is so exciting and has really added to the quality of my whole family's life!

I think the process seemed so overwhelming that it took me a long time to get to it.

I would encourage all of you who are required to have SUPER qualified baby-sitters to take care of all of this before you have a foster child placed with you. I wish I had.

I'm so excited by having found a sitter that I'm now working on clearing 2 more.

4 comments:

  1. Yay for date night! Are you still doing the drop in day care? How is that going?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Primo was too young for drop in day care. I was lucky to find a regular day care that was willing to be very flexible with me so that I could get the care I needed for Primo. We still use that day care, but having a sitter in our home on weekends etc. feels like such a luxury.

      Delete
  2. Yay for you!! I totally agree with your advice about finding a qualified sitter before a placement. Finding someone who is actually able to babysit kids in foster care is a HUGE pain. :-)

    ReplyDelete