Friday, July 12, 2013

Pattern

Wow, there is a big difference from my earlier writing on this blog and what I write now.

Looking back I can see that I have become a bit despondent in my foster care life. For example, if I read some of my earlier and more popular posts I can see how much happier I was.

I guess I'm in a bit of slump. Foster care is not an easy thing to write about, their are privacy issues, and by it's nature foster care is not easy, carefree and fun.

It seems that many blogs follow the pattern of starting out positive and idealistic and then slowly take a down word turn. Oh well, probably just the nature of foster care in general, but I really want to get some of my earlier optimism. Perhaps this is impossible, but I don't like the way I feel about foster care now.


4 comments:

  1. I was literally saying the exact same thing the other day. There has to be a balance between being honest/positive/cranky in my blogging. I still don't know how to do it, though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Every time I say something on my blog though - apologizing for being so negative - I'll get comments or emails telling me I've GOT to be honest...even if it's negative.

    It's a hard balance for me. I've got so little *good* to say about The System.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are just starting out on foster care and I'm a new reader of your blog. I don't know how to say it, but reading other people's slumps helps prepare me. It also lodges in the back of my head so that when I get there too, I'll know I'm not alone. :) Thanks for sharing your heart!

    ReplyDelete