Thursday, November 21, 2013

Shadow a social worker for a day...

I think this sounds like a brilliant idea. I think it should be part of the foster care training program.

Wouldn't we all like to know the hows and whys behind the scenes of this job? I would.  This training could foster a better understanding of late or missed home visits along with those end of the month calls for visits that could have happened weeks ago, why is it always the last few days of the months that home visits get done?

I'm not sure how many cases each foster care social worker has? For example Primo and his siblings are one case, but this one case involves 3 different homes to visit and 4 different children to complete and collect paper work for every month.

I know that there would be confidentiality issues with future foster parents shadowing social workers, but I would love to really understand what social workers have to go through on a daily basis. Wouldn't you?

1 comment:

  1. Would be an excellent idea EXCEPT all the stupid privacy stuff.

    ReplyDelete