Tuesday, April 8, 2014

A little insight

We had a home visit yesterday.

As usual our new agency social worker was spot on time!

The interesting part of the visit was when SW complimented me on my ability to have paper work completed and in her hands on time, consistently. (I'm still flattered by this compliment)

She then went on to add that she loved coming to a home where the foster parents always remember that she's coming and are always home for the home visits. (This compliment I've NEVER heard before)

Apparently some of her foster parents write down or punch home visit dates into their phones and computers right in front of her and then when she shows up for the next home visit there's nobody home.

I appreciate having a little insight into the "other side".





No comments:

Post a Comment