Monday, April 14, 2014

Self care: no exuses

I've bought a membership to a massage place. Think massage jealousy or hand and rock, you know one of those big massage chains.

They take $50 out of my checking account every month and I go in for a massage or facial every month. All I have to do is make an appointment and show up with some tip money.

In the past I have tried to be self disciplined about taking care of myself, but I'm not very good at it. I would tell myself that I would get a massage every month, (it's good for you, it's quiet and no one talks to you, the only sound is soothing music)  alas, I would only get about one massage a year. Time flies, especially while doing foster care.

Ever since I purchased my membership I'm forced to relax once a month. I have skipped a month or two, but that doesn't matter I never lose my $50, the next month I can go twice. 

I love it! I'm much more likely to get a massage if it's already paid for.

What do you do to take care of yourself?


No comments:

Post a Comment