Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Choosing a lawyer

Our agency social worker has decided that because all we're really waiting for is Primo's profile we should move forward with choosing a lawyer.

We were presented with several options, all of who will do the court paper work and filings for us for the price that our agency is willing to pay. I think this is around $3000.00.

We went with the lawyer that both of our adoption workers recommended.

That's one more thing to cross off of our list.

You would not believe how fast I respond to emails, send extra info, sign papers. I'm working as hard as I possibly can on my end to make sure that I don't hold up Primo's adoption. For the most part our adoption workers are doing the same, but there always seems to be something we are waiting for, what's up with that?

3 comments:

  1. Why do you need a lawyer? My worker keep telling me I don't need one...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our lawyer will prepare and file all of the documents and paperwork needed to make the adoption happen. Specifically the intent to adopt and petition to adopt that we sign. She also brings together all of the profiles, proof of TPR,original birth certificate, name change paper work and delivers it all to the county courthouse after making sure it is all legal and that everything the court needs complete the adoption is there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It’s great that you’re really doing your best, like responding to emails, signing papers, sending extra information, and such. It’s also nice to know that the agency covers the bills. I hope the process goes well for you guys. Thanks for sharing this post, and I wish you all the best and luck with your future endeavors.


    Leticia Holt @ The Law Offices of Kim E. Hunter

    ReplyDelete